The following content is comprised of personal opinions, and in no way reflects the opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Alive, Installed, and Well

Well, I made it to my site safe and sound. This one will be short
because I just happened to find an internet cafe a few towns over.

We had News Years, then Swear-In in Kigali that went pretty well. I am
now officially a Peace Corps Volunteer. The Peace Corps installed me
at my school last Tuesday, and I am doing well. The school year
technically started Monday, but I have yet to actaully teach a class.
New photos from the past few weeks are up on Picasa, check 'em out.
For now, I have to catch the jeep back to my school with one fo the
priests so that I can eat dinner with my fellow teachers.

Also, I now have a cell phone and the time to use it. The number is
(+25)0784103401. Feel free to call me if you can find a cheap way to
do it, but remember that I am 8 hours ahead of central time... let's
avoid the 3 am wake-ups, shall we?

Talk to you all in a few more weeks, that is, unless you call me

-Don't Forget To Be Awesome

----------------------------------------------------------------
This message was sent using the University of Minnesota Duluth Webmail

No comments:

Post a Comment