The following content is comprised of personal opinions, and in no way reflects the opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.

Friday, November 12, 2010

I Have a Home

Ok, so it isn't my home yet, but last night we were assigned our
specific sites and schools where we will be living for the two years
after training. Drum roll, please...

I am going to be placed in a very small town (that I already knew) in
the Southern Province next to Nyungwe National Forest. I will be
teaching Mathematics to student in S1, S2, and S3 levels (equivalent of
grades 7-9) which are the last years of the free 9-year basic education
program. In addition, I am told that my school has about 40 computers
(with nearly half of them functioning!) so I may be called on to teach
computers as well.

On Monday all 68 Trainees will spend the week visiting out sites and
meeting with out Headmasters and Teaching Counterparts. Forewarning: I
may not have access to internet for the next week as I will be on the
move and rather busy. I will be sure to update you all with the news and
some pictures!

On the topic of pictures, I just uploaded some pictures from the last
few weeks. They should be open to the public in the Picasa account
attached to my blog. here is the URL:

http://picasaweb.google.com/grun0177/PeaceCorpsRwanda#

For now, it's time for me to return to our training center for some
Language and Tech Training sessions!

-Don't Forget To Be Awesome
Shawn

No comments:

Post a Comment