The following content is comprised of personal opinions, and in no way reflects the opinions of the Peace Corps or the U.S. Government.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Forms and an Interview

To catch you all up to speed...

After receiving the additional forms Nicole sent me in early November, I mailed them all back to her on the 16th. She call me the next Monday to tell me she had not yet received them and was sending me new copies in case they were lost in the mail. She also gave me my login information for my Toolkit, the handy webpage the Peace Corps uses to update my file. currently it looks like this:
I emailed Nicole back to let her know that my Toolkit shows they did receive my packet. She informed me they indeed have, but are still in processing.

Nicole emailed me yesterday, the 8th, saying that she had attempted to call me, but my number didn't go through. I must have slipped up when I entered it into the application. I quickly called her back, hoping she would still be in the office. Thankfully she was, and after a 20 second hold she located my file and told me she has received both the NAC form and the fingerprint cards I mailed her. I inquired about my toolkit reflecting the absence of my references, which were all submitted electronically with my application. After a little more digging, she confirmed that all that information was present as well.

Then came the statement I was waiting for: "I'd Like to schedule an interview to discuss you application and nomination." This is the first step that has to be taken in order for me to be invited to serve. Because the PC no longer has a Minnesota Office, Nicole and I will do a phone interview tomorrow morning. If all goes well, I'm hoping for a nomination within the week. That will at least ease my worrying a little about what I will do when I graduate in 5 months. Even though a nomination does not guarantee me a spot, it is definitely a step in the right direction.

In the meantime, I am busying myself with prep for my final examinations. Only a week and a half left till the end of the semester!

No comments:

Post a Comment